We're bringing together all the parties involved in the business of outsourcing.
That’s really what Outsourced Pharma is all about.
Learn, discuss, debate, question, form relationships ... and do business. All with the feeling of one open community — ultimately in the service of patients around the world. Our participants consider Outsourced Pharma a place to learn about specific aspects of biotechnology and pharmaceutical outsourcing, interact with a cross-section of industry members, and generate new business opportunities.
Sessions are loaded with real takeaways to improve your outsourcing model
Here are 9 that come to mind from Outsourced Pharma meetings past.
1. A company with $7 billion in annual sales can make a 100% outsourced model work (very, very well).
2. You can go from less-than-efficient process capability to lot acceptance rates of 99.8% (a true story!).
3. The consequences of overcapacity should be keeping you awake at night.
4. Geographic proximity matters when it comes to externalizing parts of the supply chain (or does it?).
5. Dual sourcing of material and product is a viable strategy for supply-chain integrity—but requires a lot of work.
6. Metrics are important in managing any relationship, but there’s a parardox when it comes to outsourcing.
7. When looking for capital funding, it’s important to work backwards (and in agonizing detail).
8. Approach outsourcing from the realization you cannot know everything.
9. Consider if your potential partner is fun to work with. If it is going to be a struggle, why bother?
"A conference where you can have a really good dialogue"
I got a lot out of Outsourced Pharma. It’s invaluable to attend a conference where you can have a really good dialogue. You can connect with other people who are struggling with the same things you are, share information and swap ideas.
Denise McDade | VP of Quality at Capricor Therapeutics
"Panelists were top shelf with many interesting perspectives"
I thoroughly enjoyed Outsourced Pharma. Panelists were top shelf with many interesting perspectives from startup companies. I would encourage my colleagues to attend future shows to expose them to this quality venue of discussion.
Scott Zook | VP CMC Development at Neurocrine Biosciences
"Dialogue without a corporate agenda getting in the way"
Outsourced Pharma is an intimate setting where the speakers are approachable, no question is off limits, and people who have “been there, done that” from both the service side and consumer side are there to openly dialogue without a corporate agenda getting in the way.
Frank Sorgi | President and CEO at FLAG Therapeutics
Join us in your regional biopharma cluster
November 1-2, 2016
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport
1333 Old Bayshore Highway | Burlingame, CA
More on upcoming programs
April 26-27, 2017
Boston Park Plaza
50 Park Plaza at Arlington St | Boston, MA
2017 (dates TBA)
San Diego, CA
This is our difference
We'd only ask you to attend a conference we'd actually want to attend. For us, that means it must be inviting, high-energy, and incredibly helpful (without a stale pastry or a sales pitch disguised as a session to be found). Outsourced Pharma events rely on audience participation. They form small, elite communities affording the opportunity for everyone to network with everyone and to learn how to do more business together.
Check out this highlights reel to see what we're all about.